Hemp hearts, also called flaxseed, are a nutrient in the hemp food plant. Hemp in this form is safe to consume without containing the mind-altering THCs like the more common (and popular) marijuana. However, they can provide you with beneficial bodily benefits thanks to a wealth of essential fatty acids our bodies need on a daily basis for optimal health, as well as much-needed fiber.
Whether because of the balanced essential fatty acids or the amount of fiber they provide, some of the health benefits of consuming hemp heart are:
Consuming Dr. D’s Hemp Hearts!daily will keep your intestines regular. Hemp liver provides your body with much-needed fiber. A good amount of fiber keeps us regular. When starting out, sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of yogurt and fruit in the morning. Too much at once can cause intestinal cramps because the body has to get used to the high fiber content.
Image Source: Google
- Helping to maintain cognitive skills in the elderly.
- Studies show that eating a diet high in essential fatty acids protects the body from the effects of heart disease. It’s like an insurance policy for me to do my part to consume a balanced amount of omega 3 and 6 – and high in fiber.
- It is known that adequate consumption of essential fatty acids can protect the mother from postpartum depression.
- Essential Fatty Acids help in developing a strong brain for the unborn baby.
- These are just some of the many health benefits of consuming hemp heart. Spread over a bowl of yogurt in the morning or stirred in a smoothie in the afternoon, it’s an easy way to improve your health.