Aligning traffic to your online company directory is essential for creating a thriving directory. Nobody will publish unless they know your directory exists. There are several easy ways to increase traffic to your online company directory. Here are several best practices you can use to drive traffic to your company directory.
1. Search engines index your directory: You must submit your online directory to all the search engines you wish to index, including lesser-known search engines. Also, get your directory validated at https://www.curiouscheck.com/business-solutions/ so that the major search engines can better index your URLs.
2. Create a favicon: A favicon is a small icon displayed in your browser next to the URL in the address bar and also in the bookmark. This differentiates your directory from competitors in the bookmark list. You can download an existing favicon or create your own.
3. Write business promotion articles: Write articles for business and online business directories and submit them to article directories. Make sure to enter your directory URL. Articles must be related to online business marketing.
4. Create Your Blog: If you have your blog, you can post relevant comments on your online directory. You will also include a directory URL and a directory description on your blog. Promote the various categories and subcategories of your online business directory.
5. Spread the Word: There are many ways to get the word out about your online business directory. Develop relationships with other directory owners so they can exchange promotional ideas and strategies.